Learn, connect and challenge yourself.
Discover the dancer in you.
All the resources you need to hone your Natyam skills.
This course is for absolute beginners. You will learn the fundamental movements in Bharatanatyam, called Adavus.
- 10 adavus total
- Hand gestures are introduced and explained.
- feet positions and standing postures are introduced.
Natyarambham is a prerequisite for this course. The Nrityabhavana is where the students start learning their first dance pieces.
- Enables the student to ingrain various motions from pre-made dances.
- Introduction to Abhinaya, or expression, happens here.
- The movements of various parts of the body, Angas and upangas are explained.
This course is for advanced students. Sancharis focus on improvisation and imagination.
- The forms of Padams and Varnams are explored by the student.
- Padams are only acting pieces. Varnams would test a dancers stamina and expressive skills.